The Shire of Mount Magnet has 4 Cemeteries:
- Lennonville (Warramboo) Cemetery (now closed) is located approximately 10kms North of Mount Magnet and was gazetted in 16/06/1905
- The Lennonville Cemetery (now closed) was Gazetted in 16/03/1900 and is located East of the Great Northern Highway. The cemetery is unmarked and has no headstones erected.
- Paynesville (now closed) located approximately 77km East of Mount Magnet. There are only five burials in the Paynesville Cemetery.
- The Mount Magnet Cemetery was officially opened in 1907 however there are many historic graves that give an insight into the history of the town. One of the first interments in the Mount Magnet cemetery took place in the late 1800’s.
Please contact the administration office for assistance with:
- Grave/niche wall reservations
- Permission to erect a monument
- Grave locations
Some more links for you to explore
Application for Grave Reservation
Application for Order of Burial
Application for Monumental Works
Application to Reserve/Inter Ashes